Reprocess Failed Patches
Where a patch fails to install, you can attempt to reprocess it on one (Patches tab) or more devices (Patch Management Workflow or Approval Policy). After selecting the action the patch status in the Device's Patches tab changes from Failed to Pending. The patches are reprocessed and remediated according to the configured policy schedule (unless otherwise selected in the Patch Management Workflow) or where patch deployment is more urgent, manually initiate patch installation.
Running a manual remediation does not count towards the Automatically reprocess failed patches count where the Installation Schedule is set to Scheduled (daily, weekly or monthly). The count figure is only incremented when the remediation takes place as part of the device's scheduled remediation.
Previous to PME v1.3.1, when a Patch was reported as Reboot Required - it may have indeed failed. For the fail state to show correctly, the device had to be rebooted, and then the next Patch Scan had to run and update to the N-sight RMM Dashboard.
From PME v1.3.1, the installed state of a Patch is accurately reflected following a Patch Remediation run (scheduled install attempt):
|Patch Install Status||Description|
|Reboot Required||Device requires a reboot to finalize the patch installation|
|Installed||Patch has been installed successfully|
|Failed||Patch installation has failed (regardless of a reboot needed or not)|
Patch Management Workflow (Multiple Devices)
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to Settings > Patch Management > Patch Management Workflow
- Search through the Approval Policy and select the target patch, to make its identification easier we would suggest filtering by Patch Name and/or Filter by Status.
- Click Proceed
- Choose Reprocess failed
- Click Next to choose the entity the action is to apply to (overall device type -Server or Workstation - down to the Client or Site level)
- Click Next again to use the existing installation schedule or create a specific schedule for this patch
Patches tab (Individual Device)
- Log into the Dashboard
- Select the target device in the North-pane
- Go to its South-pane Patches tab
- Select one or more patches in the Failed section (use Shift and left-click to choose a range of patches or Control and left-click for specific patches)
- Right-click on one of the selection (or from the Patch drop-down)
- Select Reprocess Failed
- OK to exit and save