Enable and apply Patch Management for Windows Policies
Patch Management is configurable across multiple devices (on all servers and workstations or servers and workstations at specific clients and sites) or on individual computers.
The Patch Management settings are enabled and configured in one of two ways:
Patch Management for Windows Feature Policy (Recommended)
- Choose from system default polices or create a repository with your own custom policies.
- Simply select the relevant policy from the drop-down to apply.
- Create the policy once and apply many times.
- Edit the policy to quickly, easily and automatically apply a new setting to all devices using that policy
Configure Settings Manually (Legacy)
The legacy manual settings configuration option is not available on new Dashboard accounts.
Please create your own custom policies (if required) then use the Patch Management Feature Policy method for deployment.
- Configure the Patch Management for Windows settings per entity type (device type, Client, Site or specific Device).
- This can be time-consuming and potentially introduce the possibility of human error during the setup and subsequent configuration process
Migrating from the manual Patch Management for Windows settings configuration to Patch Management for Windows Feature Policy is a single direction process.
After the Patch Management for Windows Feature Policies are enabled (at device type, Client, Site or specific Device level) you cannot go back to manually configuring its Patch Management for Windows Settings.