Install Patches outside of a schedule
There can be times where you wish to install patches outside of the policy schedule. For example, critical patches to cover a major vulnerability were released and you want to push these out as soon as practical.
To supplement this out-of-band workflow, you can install the patches Now or schedule them to install later.
The scheduled time refers to the local time of the computer the Agent is installed on. Please take this into consideration where your Dashboard contains Clients, Sites or Devices in different timezones, to ensure Patches are not installed at an inappropriate time. One suggestion is to set a custom Installation Schedule at the Client, Site or Device level based on their timezone.
- Log into the Dashboard
- Go to the Servers, Workstations or Mixed pane
- Multi-select the devices to deploy the patches on (Shift and left-click for a range, Control and left-click for specific devices)
- Right-click on one of the selection or from the Servers, Workstations or Devices drop-down
- Go to Patch Management
- Choose Install Patches
- Now: the remediation command is sent to the Agent immediately > select reboot requirement
- Later: Configure Schedule, Reboot After Installation and If Schedule Missed settings