Individual File Recovery for VMware and Hyper-V backups from within the Backup Manager
Backup Manager 16.6 includes the ability to restore individual files from VMware and Hyper-V host level backups. Simply expand the contents of a protected Virtual Machine backup to display its directory structure, then select the individual items to restore.
Note: This restore feature requires the installation of the latest Virtual Drive tool available from Backup & Recovery > Toolsin your N-sight RMM Dashboard.
- Open the Backup Manager
- Navigate to the Restore tab
- Highlight the hypervisor and session time.
- Expand the selection tree
- Select the files to restore in the Virtual disk content then enter the Restore to location
- Click Restore
- Once complete a notification message is displayed
Please be aware that it may take several minutes to retrieve this information and populate the selection tree.