Getting passphrases for automatically installed devices
Access to automatically installed devices is based on passphrases (system-generated security codes). You will need a passphrases to perform operations requiring security permissions:
- Initiating force cleaning
- Re-installing devices
- Installing devices on a different computer for restore purposes
- Adding devices to the Recovery Console
- Adding a Recovery Testing plan to a device
Passphrases are generated upon request and are valid for 24 hours. They are for one-time use only.
Passphrases are securely accessible from the Backup & Recovery Console. Here are steps to follow:
- Log in to the Management Console as a user with Security officer permissions
- Click the name of the device that you need a passphrase for
- In the Device properties dialogue, open the Settings tab
- Click Generate passphrase and then copy the passphrase
If you do not have the Generate passphrase option, go to User management and make sure you are logged in under the right user account.