Cove Data Protection (Cove)'s Recovery Testing service is a scheduled, automated service to test the recoverability of critical devices. There is no need for manual setup or local resources.
Choose to run Recovery Testing restore every 14 or 30 days and with each restore, a virtual machine is automatically created. Once the Virtual Machine has been created, we will boot it and create a screenshot to check that the Virtual Machine is bootable, then send this screenshot to the Management Console so that users can check it.
The virtual machines that are created as part of Recovery Testing are purged once the restore is completed and the screenshot taken. This means these restored virtual machines are not accessible by the user.
- Only devices with Backup Manager version 17.4 and above are supported for Recovery Testing
- Software-only devices are not compatible with Recovery Testing
- Recovery Testing cannot be used on the RMM integrated version of Backup (Managed Online Backup)
- There is a size restriction of <= 2 TB selected size per device. You can opt to use "Restore OS-disk only" (available only in standalone version) feature to bypass this limitation
- Recovery Testing restores only System State, Files and Folders, and MS SQL
- Recovery Testing is not available for devices with disabled ‘Virtual disaster recovery’ feature in the assigned product
- Recovery Testing does not support 32-bit architecture
- Maximum supported capacity for virtual hard disks is 64 TB per disk
- Devices cannot be added to a Recovery Testing plan if already assigned to a Standby Image plan