Two-step verification adds an extra level of security provides an extra level of protection against hackers attempting to gain access to a computer or network. With a second verification requirement, even if someone steals a password, they cannot get passed the second verification step. Users need to download Google Authenticator to their mobile device.
Your account must be configured to use two-step verification multi-factor authentication method. Each user has a unique passcode combination. That is, you cannot use the same Google Authenticator codes for multiple users.
When you sign in to N-able N-central with your usual credentials, you will then be prompted to enter a passcode to complete the login.
- Download Google Authenticator to your mobile device.
- Sign in to N-able N-central using your usual credentials.
- Scan the QR code using Google Authenticator on your mobile device.
- Enter the passcode generated by the application.
- Ten backup codes appears.
You only have approximately 30 seconds to enter the passcode.
Copy this list to a safe but accessible location. Use one of the backup codes to complete the sign in to N-able N-central if you are in a location where you do not have access to your mobile device. You can only use a backup code once. After you have signed in to N-able N-central, you can regenerate the backup codes. The backup codes are not time-sensitive and do not expire (unless the list is regenerated).
You are logged into N-able N-central to perform your work. Whenever you subsequently sign in to N-able N-central, you will only need to enter the passcode that appears in Google Authenticator.
You will need to ask your system administrator to reset your account and start the login process over again if one of the following occurs:
- You have misplaced your backup codes.
- You do not have your mobile device.
- You deleted the authentication application from your mobile device.