Add a file transfer task, to move files between computers or locations. Files for upload must not exceed 50 MB. A file reported by your operating system as 50 MB may fail at upload due to rounding done by your operating system.
This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
File transfer tasks will not include file attributes during the process of uploading files to the central server. If you wish transferred files to have read-only attributes, you must define this setting in the task configuration (as described above) or file attributes will not be incorporated in the transferred files.
If you use filters for a task, N-able N-central uses a snapshot of the filter for the targeted devices to include in the task. This avoids potential unexpected behavior when running tasks in the future. If you need to apply a task to devices, it is best to use a scheduled task profile. This enables a task to apply to the devices using a rule.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > File Transfer.
- Select the Credentials used performing the file transfer.
- Select Use LocalSystem Credentials to use existing system level credentials to run the task.
- Select Use Device Credentials to use existing device credentials to access the device for running the task.
- Select Custom Credentials to specify a user name and password to use for this task.
- If N-able N-central cannot login using the configured device credentials, it defaults to the LocalSystem credentials.
- Select where the file is originating, enter a name and description.
- Click Browse to locate the file and select the Remote Location where N-able N-central copies the file to.
- Click the Task Handler tab and select how N-able N-central manages the task using probes and agents.
- Click the Targets tab and either select specific devices that will receive the software, or use the filters to target a group of devices.
- Click the Schedule tab and set a time when N-able N-central runs the task.
- In the Missed Executions options configure how far in the future N-able N-central should take action on a device that is currently offline, and how long it should wait, once the device powers on, before running the scheduled task.
- On a recurring task, you can also set the task not to run the scheduled task if the next occurrence of the task will be launched near the time of the recurring schedule, to avoid conflicting task windows.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. N-able N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, N-able N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.