Every managed device in N-able N-central has a variety of properties you can modify.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Click the name of the device.
- Click the Settings tab, then Properties.
- Enter the name for the device.
- Select a Device Class and Operating System for the device.
- Set the Network Address if not configured.
- Select the License Mode.
- Click a check box to enable Scheduled Tasks, Direct Support and the use of Take Control.
- In the Credentials area, enter the administrator-level user name and password that are used to log in to the device. N-able - N-central uses this information for some scheduled tasks where you can set the credentials the task will use to access the device.
This may require including the domain name as part of the login such as 'domain\username'.
- Click Save.
The properties for the device are updated.