Add a task to run a Backup performs disk-to-disk backups on selected devices using N-able N-central's Backup Manager.
If you use filters for a task, N-able N-central uses a snapshot of the filter for the targeted devices to include in the task. This avoids potential unexpected behavior when running tasks in the future. If you need to apply a task to devices, it is best to use a scheduled task profile. This enables a task to apply to the devices using a rule.
This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Run a Backup.
- Enter a descriptive Task Name to identify the task.
- Select the security Credentials of the account that will be used to run the backup task.
- Select Use LocalSystem Credentials to use existing system level credentials to run the task.
- Select Use Device Credentials to use existing device credentials to access the device for running the task.
- Select Custom Credentials to specify a user name and password to use for this task.
- If N-able N-central cannot login using the configured device credentials, it defaults to the LocalSystem credentials.
- Select the type of backup to perform.
- Full Backup: Initiates a complete backup of the entire selected computer or volumes.
- Incremental Backup: Initiates a backup of the selected computers which backs up only those data blocks that have changed since the previous backup.
- Verify Backup: Initiates a backup of selected computers by examining the most recent backup of each individual data block and comparing the content and information to the original source. This comparison verifies that the latest backed up data blocks represent the corresponding information at the source. If the backup image for any block does not match the source, Backup Manager will refresh (re-synchronize) the backup of the data block that does not match.
- Click the Targets tab and selected the devices targeted for the policy task by selecting specific devices or using a filter.
- Click the Schedule tab and set a time when N-able N-central runs the task.
- In the Missed Executions options configure how far in the future N-able N-central should take action on a device that is currently offline, and how long it should wait, once the device powers on, before running the scheduled task.
- On a recurring task, you can also set the task not to run the scheduled task if the next occurrence of the task will be launched near the time of the recurring schedule, to avoid conflicting task windows.
- Click the Notifications tab and configure N-able N-central to send a notification upon the successful completion of the task, or if the task fails to complete.
- Click Save.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. N-able N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, N-able N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.