Add an automation policy tasks to perform Automation Manager policy scripts on selected devices.
This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
You can use custom properties with Automation Manager policies to pull in the appropriate customer or device-specific information, rather than creating separate Automation Manager policies per customer, or per device
If you use filters for a task, N-able N-central uses a snapshot of the filter for the targeted devices to include in the task. This avoids potential unexpected behavior when running tasks in the future. If you need to apply a task to devices, it is best to use a scheduled task profile. This enables a task to apply to the devices using a rule.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Automation Policy.
- Enter a Task Name.
- To ensure the device information is updated for all devices the have this automation policy applied, click the check box for Update Asset Info When Finished.
- Select the security Credentials of the account that will be used to run the automation policy.
- Select an automation policy from the repository, and complete the additional information as required for the policy.
- Depending on the selected policy, you can define the Input Parameters or Output Parameters. Here you can set the Input Parameter to be a selection from a Custom Property, or if the options are for Output Parameters, you can select a Custom Property that the parameter to define how new data about a device is gathered and stored.
- Click the Executing Devices tab and select the device from the available devices list.
- Click the Targets tab and selected the devices targeted for the policy task by selecting specific devices or using a filter.
- Click the Schedule tab and set a time when N-able N-central runs the task.
- In the Missed Executions options configure how far in the future N-able N-central should take action on a device that is currently offline, and how long it should wait, once the device powers on, before running the scheduled task.
Select the Use Currently Logged On User option to use the current users account to perform tasks such as modifying local printers and profiles and interact with logged-in users. When you select this option, N-able N-central identifies active console and RDP users and applies the following logic of, if there are console users other than RDP, users are ignored. I f there is only one active user, this user becomes the currently logged in user.
Some automation policies do not required a device and the tab is grayed out.
- On a recurring task, you can also set the task not to run the scheduled task if the next occurrence of the task will be launched near the time of the recurring schedule, to avoid conflicting task windows.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. N-able N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, N-able N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.