Deploy NetPath using a rule
Use rules to automatically deploy NetPath agents to devices. A rule is a core of automation in N-able N-central.
The NetPath install rule provides any easy way to install the NetPath agent on many devices. Using a rule, N-able N-central automates the installation with no user intervention, ensuring all devices automatically have the NetPath agent installed and ready should it be needed for troubleshooting.
For more information, see Enable NetPath on a device.
Deploying NetPath on devices may require that they be re-started. NetPath should only be deployed to devices you plan to monitor a path from.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules and click Add.
- Enter a Name and Description.
- Click the Devices to Target tab and select the filters to add to the Selected Filters box.
- Click the Network Device Configuration Options tab and click NetPath.
- Select Enable NetPath in the Action drop-down menu, and select when to compete the installation.
- If creating this rule at the Service Organization level, click the Grant Customers & Sites Access tab.
- Click and select how to propagate the rule to other customers and sites and select the customer/ and sites from the list.
- Click Save.
N-able N-central installs the NetPath agent on the devices associated with this rule.
When new devices are added to the site, N-able N-central runs the deployment rule to install the NetPath agent.