Filter using custom properties
Filter customers and devices based on custom properties. Unlike other properties, custom properties are created and applied to customers and devices manually. With custom properties, you can label and classify customers and devices within N-able N-central for your own purposes. Custom properties comprise a property name and a date, a URL, text or a drop-down list that contain a selection of options.
Example custom properties can be patch group plans, warranty expiration dates, SLA Level, Sensitive Devices, and so on.
For information on custom properties, see the Custom Properties topic.
- Click Configuration > Filters and click Add.
- Enter a filter Name and Description.
- In the Find devices where drop-down list boxes, select the criteria from the drop-down menu.
- In the subsequent drop-down list boxes, select Custom Property and select the property from the drop-down menus.
- Select the criteria for the filter of the property.
- Click Save.
Click Preview to see how the filter is working.
The filter is added to the filters list and ready to use in N-able N-central including in service templates, scheduled tasks and Dashboards.