Accepting a mobile device invitation from an iOS device
iOS mobile device users must accept an invitation to be managed by N-able N-central. When an invitation to manage an iOS mobile device is sent by N-able N-central, users receive an invitation message from the N-able N-central server that contains text similar to: "You have been invited to add your mobile devices to the <xxx> network. Please click on the link to accept the invitation."
Send the steps below to your iOS mobile device user to connect the device to N-able N-central.
The MDM Agent is not required for N-able N-central to manage an iOS device that is not using location-tracking, nor sending messages. If neither of those functions is needed, installing the MDM Agent can be skipped and you can proceed to Step 5 below, installing the MDM Profile.
- Click the hyperlink provided in the invitation message.
- In the browser window, click the Step 1: Download and install the iOS Agent link.
- In the Apple App Store, click N-able N-central MDM Agent.
- Click Get.
- Once downloaded, open the app. Accept the location prompt Always, and accept the to receive notifications.
- Return to the browser and click the Register your device link. When prompted to open the MDM Agent, click Open.
- The browser then requests to download a configuration profile. Click Allow.
- Tap the menu and tap Install. There is a prompt that the profile is not signed. Tap Install again.
- When prompted, tap Trust to install the profile.
Once downloaded, the user needs to go into their Settings app. On the opening screen a Profile Downloaded menu option appears.
This installation of the profile will proceed.
Once the installation completes, open the MSM Agent app on the device and check the activity. You should see activity for Bootstrap URL changed, Server URL changed, UDID changed, Location Updated and so on.
Your iOS device can now be managed by N-able N-central.