The Spam Experts Zimbra addon, provides the following functionality:
- Report a spam to our central reporting system
- Automatically login to the Spam Experts Control Panel interface via a Zimbra tab
- Version: 8.8.15
- Download the addon files here
- Unpack the Zip file to a temporary location locally
- Edit the config_template.xml file to the appropriate values
- reportSpamUrl - this should remain unchanged
- panelUrl - The API hostname (For Hosted Cloud users this should be
- panelAdmin - Your Spam Experts Admin user username
- panelPassword - Your Spam Experts Admin user password
- allowedDomains - This should contain BOTH your clusters hostname and *.spamrl.com (For Hosted Cloud users this should be
- If using the Custom Branding functionality, make these changes here
- Save the config_template.xml file
- Remove the README.md file
- Pack the addon files back into a zip file called com_zimbra_spamexperts.zip
It's possible to re-brand the Zimbra addon.
To re-brand the addon, this will need to be done in the Configurationsteps before saving and packing the files.
- Change the Addon Name:
- Replace the "ZimletName", "Label" in the
com_zimbra_spamexperts.propertiesfile with the appropriate name and label
- Replace the "ZimletName", "Label" in the
- Change the Addon Icon:
- Replace "zimlet_icon.gif" with your own icon. This must be a GIF format file and use dimensions 16 x 16 pixels
This can be installed via the command line or via the Admin Area web interface.
Installation via the command line
- Upload the recently packaged zip file
/opt/zimbra/zimlets/directory on your server
- Deploy the package by using the following command
- Upon successful installation, you should see the following response:
- Log in to the Zimbra Admin Area to confirm the zimlet appears
/opt/zimbra/bin/zmzimletctl deploy /opt/zimbra/zimlets/com_zimbra_spamexperts.zip
INFO: Deploying Zimlet com_zimbra_spamexperts in LDAP.
INFO: Installing Zimlet com_zimbra_spamexperts on this host.
INFO: Upgrading Zimlet com_zimbra_spamexperts to 1.0
INFO: Installing Zimlet config for com_zimbra_spamexperts
INFO: Adding Zimlet com_zimbra_spamexperts to COS default
INFO: Enabling Zimlet com_zimbra_spamexperts
Due to the Zimbra Cache it is possible that it will not appear immediately.
Installation via the Zimbra Admin Area
- Log in to your Zimbra as an administrator (using port 7071)
- On the left hand toolbar, go to Configure->Zimlets
- Click on the small settings cog in the upper right and select Deploy
- Upload the com_zimbra_spamexperts.zip file from the Configuration steps
- Tick Flush zimlet cache box to ensure you will see the zimlet immediately
- Click Deploy
- Wait for the deployment to complete then click Finish
By default, the zimlet is available to all users. From Zimbra administration, you can set for each user if they should have access to this zimlet or not.
By default, Zimbra debug mode for zimlets is enabled and all the information can be found in
If debug mode is disabled, it can be enabled for an admin user by executing the following command:
su - zimbra zmprov addAccountLogger $email zimbra.zimlet debug
If you are using multiple COS (Class of Service ) objects then you will likely need to add
*.spamrl.com to these.
This can be done via command line using:
for i in `zmprov gac`; do zmprov mc $i +zimbraProxyAllowedDomains *.spamrl.com; done
If you are having issues with "not permit cross-origin framing", this would indicate that there is a strict setting in the "Protection against rendering IFrames" part of server settings which can be found by going to Server > Setting page > Protection against rendering in HTML Frames.
Here you a choose either No protection (not recommended) or Allow from URL and enter your Zimbra server hostname.
Hosted Cloud is set to No Protection by default, so Hosted Cloud customers should not have this issue.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any issues.
Disclaimer: This documentation may contain references to third party software or websites. N-able has no control over third party software or content and is not responsible for the availability, security, or operation, of any third-party software. If you decide to utilize a release involving third-party software, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the applicable third party’s terms and conditions of the use of such software. No information obtained by you from N-able or this documentation shall create any warranty for such software.