Custom branded URL
You can configure a secure custom branded URL to access N-sight RMM.
Login to your domain reseller's control panel to create a DNS CNAME record pointing to a custom address (for example dashboard.your.domain, portal.your.domain, www.your.domain), then generate its SSL certificate by linking the CNAME in N-sight RMM. To support different domains, N-sight RMM supports multiple custom CNAME entries.
This feature uses the Let's Encrypt certificate authority and we will automatically obtain, apply and maintain an SSL certificate for your custom domain.
Once the certification process is complete, both you (and your customers) can securely access N-sight RMM using your custom branded URL address.
A certification error is returned if you attempt to access N-sight RMM using a CNAME Record that is not linked to an account and recorded in our database.
The option to create an HTTPS certificate for your N-sight RMM CNAME record is only available for accounts with custom branding enabled. Please contact your account manager for information about branding options.
Create a DNS CNAME Record
If you are using a domain reseller's DNS servers, there will usual be a facility on the domain control panel that allows you to manage your DNS zone through a form-based interface.
Depending on your domain reseller/agent's DNS configuration, it may take up 24 hours for the DNS changes to propagate.
The domain interface can vary between domain resellers and the following example covers the creation of a DNS CNAME record based on the GoDaddy control panel:
- Login to your GoDaddy account
- Go to My Products, Choose Domains
- Click Manage
- Click the target domains drop-down
- Go to Manage DNS
- Under DNS Zone File
- Click Add Record
- From Record Type
- Choose CNAME (Alias)
- Configure the zone record
- Host: enter the hostname to access N-sight RMM over (for example dashboard.your.domain, portal.your.domain, www.your.domain)
- Points to (destination hostname):
- Click Finish then Save Changes to apply
|Points to (destination hostname)
Linking your custom DNS CNAME record with N-sight RMM automatically adds an SSL certificate for your domain.
Once complete, you can securely access N-sight RMM using CNAME address.
- Verify your new CNAME record has propagated and is now available
- Login to N-sight RMM
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, select Settings > Settings > Custom Domains
- Check the Custom Domains window to see whether the CNAME record is already linked to N-sight RMM
- To add a domain:
- Enter your custom CNAME record in the Custom domain field excluding forward or back slashes and https:// Note: The system performs a lookup to determine the validity of the entered URL. An error message returned where a problem is detected. For example: "The domain you have entered is either invalid or does not have the required CNAME entry set up".
- Click Add
- Perform step 7 to add any additional domains
- Click OK to save and apply
If branding is not enabled for your N-sight RMM, the dialog displays "To enable custom domains you need to first enable custom branding. Contact your account administrator for details".
To avoid potential certification issues where the domain entered for the Custom branded URL utilizes a CAA DNS record, it is necessary to add Let’s Encrypt (letsencrypt.org) as an authorized Certification Authority either for the domain itself or the specific N-sight RMM sub-domain.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content of external sites.