Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery/LiveState Recovery Check/Symantec System Recovery
Backup Exec System Recovery, LiveState Recovery and Symantec System Recovery write backup jobs, known as recovery points, containing all of the data required to restore the machine to its state at the moment the recovery point was created.
This check monitors the Windows Application Event Log on the local device for successful recovery points and reports back any error messages discovered in the Application Log from the recovery product (Backup Exec System Recovery or LiveState Recovery).
How to get the check up and running:
Ensure the Symantec recovery program is writing to the Event Log
The Event Log configuration section can be accessed via:
- Go to Tasks > Options > Event Log
- Configure the settings as required
Configure the Check
- Log in to the Dashboard and select the computer in the North-pane
- In the South-pane click on Checks > Daily Safety Checks > Backup Checks
- Select the required product:
- Symantec Live State Recovery
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery
Since the Backup Checks poll the device for the backup results, the results in N-sight RMM are those reported by the Backup software being monitored. If the reported result is Completed with Errors, Completed with Warnings, or a similar response, we recommend you investigate the device the problem and ensure the Backup software can backup the expected data sets.