Add an Automated Task - Single Device
To add an Automated Task to a single device:
Automated Tasks run based on the local time of the computer where the Agent is installed.
- On the N-sight RMM Dashboard, right-click the device in the North-pane and select Task > Add
- Select the script from the expandable sections that list the available scripts and click Next
Only scripts that are uploaded for Automated Tasks and are associated with the device's Operating System are displayed.
- Enter a name for the task
and enter any script parameters required for the selected Automated Task and select Next
The following example shows the script parameters for the Active Directory Users Query task.
- Use Select Frequency Method to choose the frequency
and select Next
Choice Action Once per day Select the days to run the task and the time to run the task each day
Select one day to run the task weekly.
Once per month Select the day of the month to run the task and the time to run the task on that day On Check Failure Select which Check failure will trigger the task to run, and select or enter additional settings if they are available in With These Settings... Manual
When you select manual, you intend to Run Automated Task On Demand.
- Configure the frequency options
Choice Action Run Task for a limited period
(available for Once per day and Once per month frequencies)
Select the Start Date and Start Time, and the End Date and End Time Set maximum permitted execution time
(available for all frequencies)
Enter the maximum Days, Hours and Minutes of run time before the Task is canceled
- Optionally, you can select Run task as soon as possible if schedule is missed (available for Once per day and Once per month frequencies)
- Select Finish
Run task as soon as possible if schedule is missed adheres to the Run Task for a limited period selection, and will not execute Tasks outside of that window.