Editing, Removing or Disabling via Microsoft 365 sync
In order to edit the configuration for domains or mailboxes via the Microsoft 365 sync, you need to go through the same process as if you were adding them for the first time, but when coming to the part you wish to edit, make the necessary configuration changes.
What can be edited
The following aspect of the domain sync can be edited via the wizard:
- Sync Frequency
The following aspects of the mailbox configuration can be edited via the wizard:
- Enable or disable Incoming Filtering of mail
- Enable or disable Outgoing Filtering of mail
- Enable or disable Email Archiving
- Enable or disable Automatic Email Scout Reports (ESR)
- Allow or disallow SSO logins for the email users associated to that mailbox
- Configure the timezone used by the mailbox
- Configure the date format used by the mailbox
- Configure the time format used by the mailbox
- Select or deselect if you want the same configuration applied to all future synchronized mailboxes by ticking or unticking the checkbox at the bottom of this page
In order to remove a domain from the sync, you need to go through the same process as if you were adding them through the Configure sync wizard, but when at the domain selection page, deselect the domain, then complete the sync steps like normal.
In order to remove a mailbox from the sync, you also need to go through the process as if you were adding or editing them through the Configure sync wizard, but when at the mailbox selection page, deselect the mailbox, then complete the sync steps like normal.
Alternately, you can remove the mailbox entirely through Microsoft 365's admin center, either by deleting it or removing the mailboxes license.
Turning off/on Sync
Turn off/on sync is a function which allows you to retain all previously set configuration for domains and mailboxes that have been added to Mail Assure using the Microsoft 365 sync while disabling the timed synchronizations.
This is useful if you are working on Microsoft 365's Admin panel, making changes to the Domains and Mailboxes that you do not yet want imported into Mail Assure.
Sync can be toggled on or off by using the Turn off/on sync button at the top of the Domains Overview page.
This is an entirely reversible process. When Turn off sync is displayed, the sync is Enabled.
When circumstances change, for example the partner moves to another provider, you can remove their Microsoft 365 sync entirely from the Domains overview page.
When Synchronization has been removed for a partner, this means that the only way to get this back is to Configure the synchronization again as if starting over.