Monitor Veeam data backup
N-able N-central can monitor Veeam backup and replication software on devices. Monitoring the backup status enables you to be aware of any issues that a technician can resolve quickly, and ensure the customer's data is secure in a backup location. If a backup job fails, a technician is notified and provided with data to help resolve the issue.
The minimum requirements to use N-able N-central to monitor a Veeam backup are:
- A Professional license applied to the device in N-able N-central
- A current N-able N-central agent (Version 18.104.22.168 or later)
- Veeam Backup and Replication 6.5, 7, 8, or 9.x installed
- Windows PowerShell 3.0 installed
- Veeam PowerShell Snap-in installed (Version 11 or earlier)
For information on Veeam and PowerShell, please refer to their Getting Started guide.
- Run a discovery job and import the computers that are using Veeam backup and replication software.
- To verify that the Veeam services are associated with the device, click All Devices > <device name> > Monitoring tab.
- If the Veeam services are not associated with the device, click All Devices > <device name> > Update Monitoring Software > Upgrade Agent > Now (or Always).
- If this fails to associate the necessary Veeam services to the device, confirm that the requirements stated above have all been met and re-run the asset discovery job. Veeam should appear on the list of applications displayed for the device.
If the appropriate Veeam services are still not associated with the device, contact N-able Technical Support for further assistance.
N-able N-central automatically applies the Veeam Backup and Replication service template to the devices. The template associates the Veeam Failed Jobs, Veeam Job Monitor, and Veeam Sure Job Monitor services for each active backup job that it detects.