If you use filters for a task, N-able N-central uses a snapshot of the filter for the targeted devices to include in the task. This avoids potential unexpected behavior when running tasks in the future. If you need to apply a task to devices, it is best to use a scheduled task profile. This enables a task to apply to the devices using a rule.
When running a script whose name contains spaces, you need to enclose the script name in quotes.
Scheduled tasks can only be performed at the Service Organization or Customer level.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Tasks > Add/Delete.
- Click Add > Mac Scripting.
- Enter a Task Name.
- Select the security Credentials of the account that will be used to run the script on a Mac device. If N-able N-central cannot login using the configured device credentials, it defaults to the root credentials.
- Select the location where the script is stored from the drop-down menu and complete the additional scripting details.
- Click the Targets tab and selected the devices targeted for the policy task by selecting specific devices or using a filter. Only macOS devices appear in the device list.
- Click the Schedule tab and set a time when N-able N-central runs the task.
- In the Missed Executions options, configure how far in the future N-able N-central should take action on a device that is currently offline, and how long it should wait, once the device powers on, before running the scheduled task.
We do NOT support the use of commas in usernames and passwords.
- On a recurring task, you can also set the task not to run the scheduled task if the next occurrence of the task will be launched near the time of the recurring schedule, to avoid conflicting task windows.
The scheduled task is saved to the repository. N-able N-central runs the task at the configured time. When complete, and if configured to do so, N-able N-central sends a notification to the selected recipients in the format defined by their user profile.
If you choose to edit the task, the edits may not be applied to the task if it has been initiated. Edits are applied to completed tasks only if they are recurring tasks.