This procedure can only be performed at the Service Organization level or Customer level.
- Click Configuration > Monitoring > Rules.
- Click Add.
- Select the type of access to be allowed for the rule from one of the following:
To create a new Rule based on the properties of an existing Rule, click Clone.
- Public Rules: A public rule can be viewed and edited by the account that created it and any account with a greater permission level. As an Admin, you can edit all the details of any public rule you create. For public rules created by other accounts, you can edit the dashboards on which the rules associate and disassociate notification profile-triggers, add and remove devices and probes. Public rules can be deleted only by the account that created them and permission levels above the customer level.
- Private Rules: The account that created a private rule view, edit, and delete it, and any account with a greater permission level. Admin accounts cannot view each others private rules.
Click Ineligible Filters to display a list of filters of a Monitoring service that cannot be used for adding or removing services. Including these Filters could create an infinite loop in the system and as such, are excluded as possible filter options.
The rule is active immediately. The filters selected are applied. N-able N-central applies the rule to any devices identified by the filter.
There are a number of other events that will trigger a rule:
- Device import
- Asset information update provided the filter is attached to at least one of asset info that was changed
- The first agent install on an existing device
- Enabling or disabling any features on a device
- Changing the license mode on the device
- Updating the rule, nor including changing the rule name)
- Associating the rule to a new customer, for that customer only
- Updating any primary property on the device such as the device class, OS, and so on.