Import custom monitoring services from N-able
Additional custom monitoring services are available online. These are services that are developed by N-able as well as the N-able N-central community. You can find custom services created by other N-able N-central users for a wide range of devices, products and needs. These services are free to download and added to devices and service templates. The monitoring services can now be accessed from the N-ableAutomation Cookbook. The Cookbook allows you to leverage automation policies, custom monitoring services, and scripts to be more efficient.
- In a browser, go to the N-ableAutomation Cookbook page.
- Right-click on the file name link of the service you are interested in and save it to a location on your hard disk.
- If the file is a .zip file, unzip it and extract the .xml file.
- In N-able N-central, click Administration > Service Management > Custom Services, and click Import.
- Browse to the location of the file you downloaded, and click Import Custom Service.
Zip files often contain additional technical documentation specific to the service. Some also contain PowerScript files scripts, the use of which will be described in the additional documentation.
The custom service appears in the services list. For information on adding the service to a device or template, see Applying custom monitoring services.