A N-able N-central server will become unlicensed by design if the server is moved, restored, or hardware is changed. This is by design for copy protection and avoid illegal software distribution. If a server is becoming repeatedly unlicensed, it can be for the following reasons:
- The mac address has changed on a virtual machine, such as dynamic mac (Hyper-v), vMotion/dynamic hosting (VMWare).
- The System UUID has changed because of new hardware or a new virtual machine.
- You restored a snapshot.
- There was a change in the network hardware settings.
- The licence length expired. For new partners: If you have only used the temporary license key received in an email, you need to open ports 22,80,443 & 10000 inbound to N-able N-central, and contact Technical Support with your public IP/FQDN for a permanent license.
- The server was powered off for a period of time.
- You upgraded N-able N-central .