Decrypt multiple devices
You can decrypt and remove Disk Encryption Manager from multiple devices. Note that when you decrypt devices, you remove all encryption from all drives. If you need to re-enable encryption, you need to run the encryption process again.
To decrypt a single device, see Decrypt a single device.
If you have a large customer or a larger quantity of devices, use a rule to remove Disk Encryption Manager across a site.
- Click Views > All Devices.
- Click the check boxes beside the devices you want to decrypt and uninstall Disk Encryption Manager and click Edit.
- Click to deselect the check box for Enable Disk Encryption. Leave the check box to the far left of the option selected.
- You have the option to Leave the device encrypted or Decrypt all volumes.
- Select whether to run the decryption right away or during a maintenance window when the device is not in use.
- Click Save.
Bitlocker is natively part of the device system. If you chose to remove the Disk Encryption Manager from a device and leave the disk encrypted, you will lose the management capabilities. Ensure you collect all recovery keys before choosing this option. You should ALWAYS obtain the recovery key. N-able does not store or backup recovery keys. If something goes wrong with the decryption, and you removed the device from N-able N-central, there is no way to recall the recovery keys or unlock the drive. N-able N-central stores deleted device recovery keys for 90 days.
BitLocker begins the decryption process on the disk drives of selected devices. The user will see a message indicating that the decryption process has started.