Before deploying a probe, you need to prepare your customer's environment to ensure a smooth install of probes and agents.
It is important that you make all of the relevant changes described in this section to ensure your client environment is ready. Make configuration changes at least 48 hours in advance of running your first discovery so they can propagate throughout the environment.
Agents and probes send minimal traffic over ports 443 (HTTPS), 80 (HTTP) and 22 (SSH).
What do you want to do?
- Create an administrative account for the probe
- Make changes Group policy changes to the Windows firewall
- Perform Configure DNS scavenging on the Windows server
- Prepare Network equipment preparation for SNMP and SYSLOG
- Prepare Windows server preparation for hardware monitoring
- Install Install and set up SNMP