MSP Network Topology allows you to scan your network of devices and visualize it by building a topology map of the network.
You can choose a map layout that allows you to understand the connections between devices, and which best suits your needs. N-able N-central will remember your preferred layout.
There are three layouts for you to choose:
- Force Directed – the default view that shows the nodes in a somewhat "exploded" view.
- Hierarchy – shows the network nodes in an hierarchical view. For example, it might show a router at the top level, then under that nodes and other devices.
- Grid – shows the network nodes lined up in a grid pattern, based on ascending IP address from left to right and top to bottom.
- At the Customer or Service Organization level, click Views > Topology Maps.
You can also navigate to Configuration > Asset Discovery > Topology Jobs.
- Select the check box next to the topology job for which you want to view the map. You can also click directly on the Topology job itself to view the map.
You can only view a map for a job that has a Completed Status. However, if the job is a recurring event, and the Status is Pending, you may be able to view the map from the most recently completed scan.
- Click View Map above the job list to view the Topology Map for the selected Job.
- Select one of layout views (Force Directed, Hierarchy, Grid) from the drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the map.
- Green: Normal
- Yellow: Warning
- Red: Failed
- Grey: An unmanaged device in N-able N-central
The colors of the nodes in the network map reflect the state of the device as follows: