Create Topology Job/Map
Create a topology job to provide N-able N-central with the appropriate information to create a topology map of your network. When creating a new topology map, the applicable credentials are those for the Customer/Site you select on the first page of the wizard. The setup is similar to configuring a discovery job.
Topology mapping will not work as intended if probes are installed on Windows core servers. You will need a fully featured version of Windows server for topology mapping to function completely.
You will only be able to create a topology job if your role has been assigned the appropriate permissions.
- At the Customer or Service Organization level, click Configuration >Asset Discovery > Topology Jobs.
- Click Add Job.
- Complete the fields as required, and click Next.
- On the Select Network screen, complete the fields to provide the necessary network information.
- To add information in each of the fields, click the plus sign opposite each item (Add subnets, Add IP range, Add IP address, etc.).
- Add the necessary amount of each item. If you need to change any of the entries, click the pencil icon a the right.
If you add an IP address to Do not scan IPs, the IP addresses will be included in the first network scan. Subsequent network scans will not include this address.
- On the Credentials screen, add the necessary SNMP, WMI, or VMware credentials that you want to use during the network scan. You can choose from one of the three SNMP versions.
When you add SNMP credentials, they are taken from what was set up as the SNMP defaults.
- On the Advanced settings screen:
- specify the Number of hops you want to do while scanning the subnets. The maximum number or hops allowed is five.
- Select whether or not you want to ignore ICMP only nodes.
- Select whether or not you want to use Bridge table information.
- On the Schedule screen, select the Scan type from the drop-down menu. If you select a Recurring scan type, you will need to select the repeat frequency, and the start and stop date and time.
- The Summary screen displays the settings for the configured job. If you need to change anything, click on its corresponding item in the flow above the screen.
- Click Save.