To create custom services based on Automation Manager Policies, there must be Policies that have Global Output Parameters to be monitored available in the Script/Software Repository.
For more information, refer to Output parameters.
Custom services based on Automation Manager Policies can use Global Output Parameters as scan details for which thresholds, Self-Healing, notifications, and online reports can be configured similar to a conventional service. The monitoring and management that N-able N-central provides for services can be used to further increase the automation of standard procedures provided by Automation Manager Policies.
For example, after you have a created a custom service based on an Automation Manager Policy, you can create a Filter to target the devices that will use the custom service. Rules, Scheduled Task Profiles, and Service Templates can all be configured to take advantage of the benefits of a service monitoring Automation Manager Policy output.
The timeout interval is the period that N-able N-central will wait for a response from a service before it causes the service to transition to a different state. The timeout interval for custom services based on Automation Manager Policies is calculated by subtracting two (2) minutes from the scan interval. This value can not be modified.
Add a custom service based on an Automation Manager policy
- Click Administration > Service Management > Custom Services.
- Click Add, and select Service > Automation Manager Policy.
- Enter a name and description for the custom service.
- From the Select Automation Policy drop-down list, select the specific Automation Manager Policy output you want the service to monitor.
Automation Manager Policies that are associated with custom services can not be removed from the Script/Software Repository.
- In the Service Identifier box , enter a unique identifier for the custom service.
- Click Save.