Setting up a Help Desk Manager Ticketing Recipient
A Ticketing Recipient is collection of settings that acts like a user account. Once created, you can use the account to generate tickets in Help Desk Manager by associating it to Notifications, Self-Healing and Scheduled Tasks.
- Click Administration > PSA Integration > Ticketing.
- Click Add.
- Enter a Name for the Ticketing Recipient, for example, Monitoring Alerts or Server Down.
- On the Ticket Details tab, select the issue type and priority for the ticket, and the resolution time.
- Click the Notification Settings tab and configure the action when a ticket status returns to normal and what N-able N-central does for repeat failures.
- Click the Associated Notification Profiles tab. Set the notification profiles and escalation preferences for the Ticketing Recipient.
- Click the Time Entry tab.
- Click the Notification Schedule tab and configure when ticket creation can occur.
- Click Save.
Handling repeat failures enables you to configure what will happen to a ticket when an issue reoccurs on a device within a given time period. The first time a service on a device fails, N-able N-central opens a time window during which the service can transition between states before another ticket will be generated. Within this time window, N-able N-central will not generate a new ticket, but instead it will either update the existing ticket or if the ticket has been closed it will reopen it. If a ticket remains open beyond the time window, N-able N-central will continue to update it until N-able N-central detects that it is closed, at which time N-able N-central will create a new ticket.
If N-able N-central cannot detect that a ticket has been closed in the PSA solution, N-able N-central will continue to update it until N-able N-central detects that the ticket is closed, regardless of the time window.
The Time Entry settings are used by Autotask to calculate time and billing for the Ticketing Recipient. This is valuable when you are using self-healing tasks automation policies in N-able N-central. When N-able N-central generates a notification that goes to this ticketing recipient, time will be automatically logged against the ticket.
You have to associate the Ticketing Recipient to your Notification Profiles in order for Tickets to be created from these settings. For more information, see Configure notifications to update a ticket status.