A manual installation enables you to target a specific device or group of devices and force an immediate or delayed download. This procedure is fine for one-off operations. For example, if you add a new device and need immediate anti-virus protection. However, if you are adding devices at random intervals throughout a large network, you should use rules to trigger automatic installations.
After a manual installation, you need to install, reboot, upgrade as separate operations or define these tasks in a Maintenance Window.
Security Manager | AV Defender is only available for the Windows operating system.
If you want to install Security Manager only on a single device, see Install Security Manager manually on a single device.
When AV Defender is installed, there is an option available to automatically remove any existing security software. For best results, remove the competitor's antivirus software using that software's uninstall program if possible before installing AV Defender. some devices may need to be rebooted after the removal of existing antivirus software before N-able N-central installs AV Defender.
To install AV Defender, the target device must have a minimum of 1 GB of free disk space on the drive where the root directory (
%programfiles%) is located.
- Click View> All Devices.
- Click the check boxes for the devices you want to install Security Manager on and click Edit.
- In the Security Manager area, click Install Security Manager.
- Click the Run Pre-Install Scan check box.
- Select your AV Defender Configuration Profile.
- Click when to run the install: Immediately or During Maintenance Window.
- From the Competitor AV Cleanup drop-down, click Standard Removal and Registry/File Cleanup.
- Click Save.
If you haven't configured an Update Server, you'll receive a warning. You can continue with our without an Update Server; however, we recommend that you install at least one update server per customer before continuing.
At the configured time, N-able N-central installs Security Manager.Installation of AV Defender can take anywhere from five to 60 minutes on a server operating under normal conditions.
When completed, you can review the status of the installation on a device. Click Views > Devices and look for the Security Manager icon in the Features column. It should now appear active (blue). Hover your cursor over the icon for more information.
If AV Defender still detects a removed third party anti virus application
Complete the following steps if there are still remnants of a third party anti virus application in the registry, file system, or WMI name space after you have uninstalled it.
- On the device click Settings and click the Security Manager tab.
- Deselect the Enable Security Manager option.
- Click Save.
- Click Settings and the Security Manager tab again and click to select Enable Security Manager.
- On the Competitor AV Cleanup drop-down menu, select No Removal.
- Click Save.
This will make the AV Defender installation complete without attempting to detect any third party AV software.