Configure your tax rates in QuickBooks Online
MSP Manager integrates with QuickBooks Online by mapping service items and rates to Products and Services in QuickBooks. Taxable service items in MSP Manager must have tax rates assigned to them and be mapped to a taxable Product or Service in QuickBooks.
Create tax rates in QuickBooks Online
- Log in to QuickBooks Online and select the Tax section from the links on the left of the page.
- Click Add, select the states, cities, counties, provinces, or territories in which your business operates.
- Click Save.
QuickBooks Online automatically sets up the necessary tax rates for you according to the tax requirements for your country, state, city, province, or territory.
After creating tax rates, edit each Product and Service to indicate which ones are taxable.
Assign tax rates to your Products and Services in QuickBooks Online
- Select your company name in the upper right of QuickBooks Online to access the Settings menu.
- Select Products and Services, and select Edit next to each Product or Service in the list.
- For the U.S. version of QuickBooks Online, select the Is Taxable checkbox and the appropriate taxes for that Product or Service are added to your invoice during the invoicing process.
- Click Save and Close.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each Product and Service in the list.
For non-U.S. versions of QuickBooks Online, select a specific tax rate from the Tax menu for each Product and Service.
For the Dutch version of QuickBooks Online, you must create a Non-Taxable tax rate to ensure non-taxable invoices export correctly from MSP Manager .
After you apply a tax rate to each Product and Service, export your invoices from MSP Manager and the appropriate taxes are applied.