Take Control Troubleshooting
Take Control Viewer (All Versions): How to Reboot the endpoint into safe mode
Mon Dec 28 13:09 GMT 2020
- This article instructs on how to reboot a remote device into safe mode whilst on a Take Control remote session.
- N-able Take Control/Take Control Plus (Standalone)
- N-able N-central
- Take Control
- N-sight RMM
- Take Control (N-able)
- During a remote session:
- Click on Session Options (arrow down icon) on the Viewer's top pane;
- Click Restart & Shutdown;
- Alternatively use the key shortcut Ctrl + BkSp;
- Select Safe restart and reconnect;
- Click OK.
- Note that the device must be able to connect to the Internet while in safe mode e.g. the DNS server(s) must be reachable.
- Certain setups, such as devices that are not set to automatically connect to a default Wi-Fi network, may require End User input to select the wireless network following a Safe Mode reboot and, consequentially, wouldn't be able to connect.