Migration from Local to Hosted
When migrating from Local Cloud to Hosted Cloud, there are a few things that need to be taken into consideration and several steps to perform the migration.
How to Migrate
- Create an account in the Hosted Cloud by contacting our sales department, details for whom can be found here.
- From the Spam Experts dashboard of the existing Local Cloud account, export the following items to CSV files:
- Login to the new Hosted Cloud account and import these items in to their respective lists
- Update your Hosted Cloud MX Records
What cannot be migrated
There are a few aspects of the system that cannot be migrated across. These will need to be re-configured directly on the new Hosted Cloud account:
- Users - Users cannot be exported from the system, but if you have these saved in a .CSV file, they can be imported directly to the new Hosted Cloud account in bulk for each user level from Users & Permissions > Add an Admin / Domain / Email User.
- Outgoing Users - These need to be added manually in the Add an Outgoing User/Authentication Method page.
- Settings - Filter settings, Email Restrictions, etc. cannot be exported so will have to be reconfigured manually once migration is complete.
- Quarantined messages