It is possible to import existing archived emails into Spam Experts.
- Export all emails that you wish to import into Spam Experts as .eml format (compliant with RFC 5322) or export to another message format then convert to .eml format.
The following formats are not suitable for import:
- any other binary format
Third-party tools are available that allow you to convert messages to .eml format
For instructions on exporting data from Microsoft 365, see Export Historical Microsoft 365 Mailbox Data.
- Create a separate archive folder (standard .zip or .gzip format) for each domain you wish to import
- If you need to import incoming and outgoing messages separately then you must create separate archives for inbound and outbound messages per domain
- These archives must contain all emails in one single folder for the domain in .eml format i.e. 'flat structure'
- No sub-folders will be accepted: we will be unable to flatten any directory structures so the import request will be rejected
By default, all messages will be imported as Incoming, and so only visible in the Incoming Logs, unless specifically placed in an Outbound folder location.
- Host the files on a site that allows direct access via a FTP/HTTP/HTTPS URL
- Test the file(s) can be downloaded using cURL or a similar command line only application
- Only files accessible via generic command line utilities will be possible to import
- Please contact support , providing a direct download link to where you have stored the archive files (suitable for use with cURL/wget), and detailing exactly what each file contains.
We will process the message data for you and add the messages to the Spam Experts archive.
We do not accept physical disks with the data, it must be a digital download.