Manage Archive Settings
In the Archive Settings page you can manage archive settings for your domain including how many days to store emails and what parts of the message you want to index.
- In the Domain Level Control Panel, select Archiving > Settings
- If you want to remove stored emails after a set amount of days, check the Expire messages checkbox and enter the number of days in the Number of days to store email field
- In the Indexing options panel, select which contents you want to index from those available:
The maximum number of days you can set is 10,000. If you disable the expire feature, messages are stored without limit.
- Message headers - Searches for text in the header name or value of the message. For example, searching for messages that have a X-Campaign header, or that have a particular name in the CC header.
- HTML - Searches the HTML version of the message. Most messages will include both HTML and plain text versions of the message text. Because some messages do not have both HTML and plain text versions it is recommended to keep this option enabled.
- Text - Searches the plain text version of the message. Because some messages do not have an HTML version, or the text cannot be extracted from the HTML you should nearly always leave this option enabled.
- Images (via OCR) - Searches text contained within an image. When messages containing images are received, the images will be processed via OCR and any text found will be added to the index.
- Attachments/Documents (.doc) - Searches for text in a Microsoft Word document (Office 2003 and earlier) .doc attachment.
- Attachments/Documents (.docx) - Searches for text in a Microsoft Word document (Office 2007 and later) .docx attachment.
- Attachments/Documents (.pdf) - Searches for text in an unencrypted PDF document attachment. The text content of the pdf as well as some meta-data (e.g. author and subject) will be added to the index, but images are not processed with OCR.