Step 4: Add a service template
Before beginning with the below steps, please ensure you have completed Step 3: Create Resources.
To access the Service Templates from the CloudBlue Commerce interface, first open the Products menu > Service Templates page in the sidebar.
Add a new Service Template
- Click the button Add New Service Template at the top of the screen
- Next, specify the general parameters of the Service Template:
- Name - The name of the Service Template (ex: SpamExperts)
- Description - The description of the Service Template (optional)
- Autoprovisioning - Make sure this is selected
- Account-Wide Services - Make sure this is selected
Where the recommended SE was used as the Spam Experts prefix for the resource name, enter SE* in the text box to display all Spam Experts resources.
The SE Application Reference and the SE Context limits must be set to 1, the rest can be Unlimited by default or customised as required.
To ensure the service has the appropriate limts, set the template limits as follows:
- Disabled: To disable a service, untick the Unlimited box and the limit should be set to 0
- Enabled: To enable a service, untick the Unlimited box and the limit should be set to 1
- Enabled with a maximum: To set a limit on the maximum number of domains or mailboxes that can be had on this service, untick the Unlimited box and place this max number in the Limit box for the Domains or Email resources
The SE Application Reference and the SE Context limits must be set to 1, the rest can be Unlimited by default or customized as required.
After completing the above steps, move on to Step 5: Add a service plan.