Make it easy for customers to find what they are looking for by building up a repository of Knowledge Base articles.
The self-service Knowledge Base contains rich article content with categorized tagging and keyword search, which not only allows your customers to help themselves, but can also be used as an information resource by your Staff Agents.
Knowledge Base articles are added/stored by category therefore before you add an article you must make sure that you have all the categories you need in place.
To create a Knowledge Base category:
- Click on the Knowledge Base icon in the navigation panel:
- Click on New category to open the dialog.
- Enter a Name for the category.
- In the Parent field, optionally choose a parent category for this one.
- In the Lock dropdown choose who you want to be able to access this category. Enter any additional details as necessary.
- Click Save to save and close the dialog. The new category is added to the list of categories in the Categories panel:
Now that you have the categories that you need, you can go ahead and add an article. See Adding a Knowledge Base Article to the User Portal.