Customer users with client Remote Management & Monitoring Dashboard accounts would have been automatically imported during the integration process - and can use their existing Remote Management & Monitoring login credentials to access the Portal.
For users without existing login credentials there are two ways to set up an account:
- Registration by a Staff Agent in Service Desk
- Self-registration by end-user in the Self-serve User Portal
- Click on the Customer icon in the navigation panel:
- Select the customer that you want to add the end-user for. The Customer pages are displayed.
- Click on the Users tab:
- In the New User dialog, enter the necessary end-user details.
- Make a note of the password and pass on to the end-user.
- End-users should access the portal with the URL included in your welcome email - this is the root directory of your installation e.g. http://[yourcompany].maxdesk.com.
- In the Portal window, end-users should click Login/Register and click on the Register a new account link:
- The end-user should then enter their account details - linking to Twitter if desired - then click on Register.
This will log the user into the Portal.