Creating a Ticket Manually
If you need to create a ticket manually:
- At the top left of the Service Desk screen click on the New dropdown and select New ticket. The New ticket page is displayed:
- In the Title field, enter a title for this ticket.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- If you need to you can browse for and an attachment in the Attachment field.
- If you want to make this a scheduled ticket, click on Schedule this ticket and select the Repeat option you require.
- If required, choose a customer from the Customer dropdown.
- In the On behalf of (Email address) field, enter the email address of the user you are raising the ticket for (you can use the Search for user facility below the field to display all end-users for the selected Customer):
- Select the Ticket Queue and Priority of the ticket and, from the Assigned to dropdown select the Staff Agent to assign the ticket to (click Assign to me below the field to assign the ticket to yourself).
- If relevant, from the Site assets field choose the site asset that this ticket applies to.
- If you want to suppress a ticket confirmation email from being sent to the user, select the Suppress ticket confirmation option.
- When you are finished, click on Create ticket.