The Task Templates facility allows you to create any number of workflow templates for repeatable activities. Service Desk Tasks also supports new task creation within a ticket allowing easy management of scheduled tasks and templates. On top of this, it allows you to create a site visit for a defined project or activity.
The key features for Tasks and Task Workflow Templates include:
- Create multiple Task Templates for repeatable activities
- Associate fixed costs for the repeatable activities
- Easily manage and track the progress of tasks within a ticket
- Use Task Templates in new tickets and existing tickets easily
Creating a Task Template
- Go to Settings - Business Rules - Task Templates to display the Task Templates page.
- Click New to create a new template.
- In the Title field enter a name for this template.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- From the Customer dropdown, select the customer to which this template applies.
- Further down the screen in the Tasks section you can adds tasks to the template. Enter the following task details:
- If you want to add more tasks to the template, click Add and repeat step 6 above.
- Click Save to save your template.
Now that you have created your task template - you can now use this when creating tasks within tickets. See Adding Tasks to a Ticket