Creating a Ticket Manually
If you need to create a ticket manually:
- At the top left of the Service Desk screen click on the New dropdown and select New ticket. The New ticket page is displayed:
- In the Title field, enter a title for this ticket.
- Enter a description in the Description field.
- If you need to you can browse for and add an attachment in the Attachment field.
Images - gif, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp
Documents - pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, ppt, pptx, csv, xml
Audio - wav, mp3
- If you want to make this a scheduled ticket (which will be created on a specific date and time, with recurrence options) click on Schedule this ticket and select the Repeat option you require. For more information about scheduled tickets see Creating a Scheduled Ticket.
- If required, choose a customer from the Customer dropdown or start typing to display matches.
- In the On behalf of (Email address) field, enter the email address of the user you are raising the ticket for (you can use the Search for user facility below the field to display all end-users for the selected Customer):
- Select the Ticket Queue and Priority of the ticket and, from the Assigned to dropdown, select the Staff Agent to assign the ticket to (click Assign to me below the field to assign the ticket to yourself).
- If you want to associate an asset with the ticket, select an asset site from the Asset Sites dropdown. Then select an asset from the Site assets field.
- To apply a task template to the ticket, select from those available in the Task templates dropdown.
- If you have created a custom ticket field it is displayed here (if the ticket conditions for displaying the field are met). See Add Custom Field to Tickets for more info.
- If you want to suppress a ticket confirmation email from being sent to the user, select the Suppress ticket confirmation option.
- When finished, click on Create ticket .
The following file types can be uploaded (up to 8Mb):