Setting up Service Desk Voice
Service Desk Voice allows you to quickly and easily set up a dedicated phone number for your company directly linking to your Service Desk installation. This provides you with 24/7 routing to your Service Desk and delivers the benefits of voice-to-ticket integration as well as SMS capabilities.
Key features for Service Desk Voice include:
- The ability to select a local phone number
- Support for a custom greeting, either with an audio file upload or your preferred text to speech greeting
- The ability to raise a new ticket directly from a voice call, and automatically returning the ticket reference to the customer instantly on the phone
- The Voice Tickets function embeds the audio clip directly into the ticket, so your Staff Agents have all the call details easily to hand
- The ability for customers to check the status of an existing ticket over the phone by entering the ticket ID
- Optional extension routing and setup, as well as allowing your customers to route calls directly to you and your staff phone numbers
- Enables SMS capabilities in Service Desk when Voice is activated
- There is no contract, so you can cancel at any time
- Click on the Service Desk Voice icon in your installation header:
- In the Number lookup section, select the country (and for the US, also select the area code) to list all available local phone numbers.
- Select a phone number and the Settings page is displayed.
- Enter the greeting you want your customers to hear in the Greeting field.
- If you want to view/change the default dialog that your customers will hear, click on Update Dialog and Translations to open the Dialog page.
- The following lines have been set up by default. Modify as required:
- Click Save to save your settings and return to the Settings page.
- If you want to upload a recording rather than use the greeting defined in the Greeting field, browse and select an MP3 or WAV file from the Or upload recording (MP3/WAV) field.
- From the Default Queue dropdown select the queue that you want Voice tickets to be routed to.
- In the Default ticket subject field enter the subject that you want tickets raised from Voice to have - so you can easily identify them.
- In the Extensions panel, you can add extension numbers which Voice calls can be forwarded to. Click Add extension and then add the extension number and phone number.
- Click Save to save your settings.
The Dialog page allows you to define the sequence of messages the caller will hear depending on the language defined by the local number selected at the beginning of this topic.
|Language||The Voice message language.|
|Gender||The gender of the Voice dialog played to the caller.|
|Intro line 1||Option 1 e.g. If you would like to raise a new automated ticket, please press 1.|
|Intro line 2||Option 2 e.g. To check the status of an existing ticket, press 2.|
|Intro line 3||Option 3 e.g. If you know the extension of the staff agent you would like to speak to, press 3.|
|Voice error||Played when the system has not picked up the caller's response e.g. Sorry, I didn't get your response.|
|Voice answer||Response to Option 1 (Intro line 1) e.g. We will record your ticket and send this to one of our support agents to contact you. Please state your message and contact details after the tone.|
|Voice lookup||Response to Option 2 (Intro line 2) e.g. Please enter your ticket number, followed by star.|
|Voice extension||Response to Option 3 (Intro line 3) e.g. Please enter the extension number, followed by star.|
|Voice transfer||Response to Voice extension e.g. I will now transfer your call.|
|Voice extension error||Response to failed extension entry e.g. Sorry, I am unable to locate that extension. Please enter the extension followed by star.|
|Voice ticket status||Response to Option 2, after entering the ticket ID e.g.The status of your ticket is currently [ticket status].|
|Voice invalid ticket||Response to failed 'Voice lookup' e.g. Sorry, that is an invalid ticket reference.|
|Voice ticket raised||Played after a voicemail from the caller is recorded e.g. Thank you, your ticket reference is [reference number].|
|Voice ticket urgent||Played directly after 'Voice ticket raised' (above) to raise the priority of a ticket once raised e.g. If your ticket is urgent and requires immediate attention, please press 1.|
|Voice ticket alerted||Played directly after 'Voice ticket urgent' (above), when the caller has chosen to make the ticket urgent e.g. Thank you, we have alerted our agents.|