Change Currency Symbol and Liability Amount
- Click on your username at the top right of the window and select Account Settings from the dropdown.
- Click to open the Account Info tab.
- In the Configuration Options panel, click Edit.
- In the Currency Symbol field, select which currency symbol applies to your organization. This is the symbol that will be displayed alongside the 'Potential Liability' amount calculated and displayed in the Data Breach Risk, Data Discovery and File Finder reports.
- In the Liability Amount field enter the liability amount per record used to calculate your organization's Potential Liability.
- Click Save at the bottom of the panel.
The liability amount per record varies by industry and location. For example, in the US, healthcare organizations may have an average liability amount per record of $355. In education, this figure may be $246 and in Transportation it may be $129. Benchmark research sponsored by IBM and conducted independently provides analysis of global trends and costs of data breaches. For more information, see Cost of Data Breach Study: Global Analysis.
These settings are cascaded down into all of your sub-organizations unless you modify those sub-organizations' settings directly.