Configure TeamViewer to run as a Service
Dashboard accounts created after the release of Dashboard 2021.01.05 do not have the option to "Integrate with existing TeamViewer installations".
To ensure connections to the device are constantly available, TeamViewer must be running continuously on the machine. To keep TeamViewer running continuously on the machine, configure TeamViewer to run as a service during installation or after installation using the TeamViewer options.
When TeamViewer is not configured to run as a service on a device, it is reported in the device Summary tab as: Take Control - Existing Installation - Integration Requires "Start With Windows" Set.
The TeamViewer standalone integration only supports unattended connections when the TeamViewer host is commercially licensed.
To configure TeamViewer to run as a service during installation:
- When you are installing TeamViewer, click Install and set up unattended access to this device and the click Accept - next
- When you finish the setup wizard, go to Extras > Options
- Click General
- Ensure Start TeamViewer with Windows is selected
When you select this option, a wizard helps you setup TeamViewer as a system service.
To configure TeamViewer to run as a service after installation:
- In TeamViewer, go to Extras > Options
- Click General
- Select Start TeamViewer with Windows
- When prompted, enter a secure password, confirm, and Click OK
- Click OK in the Permanent Access Activated message
TeamViewer is now configured to start automatically with Windows.