Remove the Agent via Group Policy
If an Agent was installed via Group Policy, you can use the existing Group Policy Object to remove the Agent.
- Depending on the method you previously used, go to the Group Policy Management Console or the Active Directory Users and Computers
- Right-click the target Group Policy Object and select Edit
The Group Policy Management Editor displays.
- Go to the MSI location
- Expand Policies (SBS2008) > Software Settings > Software installation
The installation package(s) display in the main window.
- Right-click the target package in the main window and select All Tasks > Remove
- Select Immediately uninstall the software from users and computers
- Click OK
As part of the Agent uninstallation, it communicates back to the Software Distribution Point folder it was deployed from (for example, NetworkInstaller).
To ensure the removal is successful, we recommend the Software Distribution Point folder is not removed or its permissions changed.
If the folder is removed, the error message "Error: Could not access network location is displayed."