Remove an MDM Enrollment Profile
From Dashboard 2021.04.27, Mac computers are automatically unenrolled from Apple Device Management and any associated configuration profiles deleted when the Agent is uninstalled and the device removed from the Dashboard.
This section covers the steps to remove an MDM profile on the computer either through System Preferences or from the Terminal (Command Line) using the Apple Device Management as an example.
- Click on the Apple menu icon then go to System Preferences > Profiles
- Select your MDM Management Profile
- Click on the minus icon to begin the removal process
Click Remove, if prompted to confirm removal
Please note that for Apple Device Management only the main MDM profile is removable. Deleting this profile will also removes any associated Device Profiles, for example "Backup Manager PPPC".
Terminal (Command Line)
- Click Finder > Go > Utilities
- Double-click Terminal
- Run the profiles remove -all command either as root or by assuming root privileges by sudo, entering the computer's password where prompted.
$ sudo /usr/bin/profiles remove -all
If you remove the MDM profile on a computer running the Mac Monitoring Agent and Apple Device Management. Apple Device Management will attempt to re-install the profile. Only remove the MDM profile on computers after the Mac Monitoring Agent is uninstalled.
What do you want to do?