Supported Operating Systems: Linux
The Linux Agent is tested and supported on specific Linux distributions. The following tables provide feature support details for each distribution.
The Linux Agent is available for servers only.
The following icons indicate the feature support status:
|Supported||Fully tested and supported. Actively updated and improved.|
|Compatible||Not tested or supported. Defect fixes not prioritized.|
|Deprecated||No longer tested or supported. Development ended.|
|Not Compatible||Feature not compatible with the Operating System|
Linux Agent Version 1 is no longer tested, developed or supported. Any version of Linux Agent Version 1 is provided "as is".
Effective March 1, 2023, N-sight RMM no longer supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 or 1.1 for Agent to N-sight RMM communication. We recommend you update all Linux servers to the latest Linux Agent V2 and ensure the servers are configured to use TLS 1.2.
The following table shows feature support for each supported Linux distribution. New features are added to the table as they become supported by one or more distributions.
|RedHat RHEL 7|
|RedHat RHEL 8|
|SLE 12 SP1|
|SLE 12 SP2|
|SLE 12 SP3|
|SLE 12 SP4|
|SLE 15 SP1|
|openSUSE Leap 15.1|
|openSUSE Leap 15.2|
|Ubuntu 16.04 LTS|
|Ubuntu 18.04 LTS|
|Ubuntu 20.04 LTS|
* Using i386 package for CentOS 5
** Using xUbuntu 13.04 package
Linux Agent notes
- Linux Agent supports real-time monitoring so you can set the 24x7 Check frequency from 5 minutes through to 120 minutes
- Linux Agent supports Linux Automated Tasks
- Linux Agent replaced the repository Agent installation and update process with Dashboard downloadable packages, Remote Worker Site Installation Package and automatic updates
- Linux Agent 2.01 supports Monitoring Templates
- Linux Agent 2.0.4 and later versions support Raspberry Pi with a dedicated Debian installer available for both 32 and 64-bit ARM architectures. This release supports:
- Raspberry Pi OS, based on Debian 10 or later (32 bit only)
- Ubuntu 20.04 or later
- Linux Agent 2.04 and later versions do not support for the following distributions:
- Debian 8 (amd64)
- Ubuntu 19.04, 19.10 (amd64)
- Fedora 30 (x86_64)