Provision an iOS mobile device
After an iOS mobile device is added to N-sight RMM, the device holder receives a Mobile Device Provisioning email that contains the information required to provision the mobile device.
Until a device holder provisions their mobile device, it reports as an unregistered mobile device, and the operating system and the device type is not displayed in the Mobile Devices tab of the North-pane.
When the device holder selects the link in the email or SMS text to provision the device, they are automatically offered the version applicable to their device to download.
To provision an iOS mobile device:
For Apple iOS we retrieve the required provisioning files via the Apple Push Notification Service (APNS). When connected via Wi-Fi, ensure the required ports are open in the firewall. For information, see Requirements for DMA.
- Select Download for your iOS device and select Allow to download the Mobile Device Management configuration profile
- After the download finishes, review the message and select Close to exit out of the dialog
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management (for iOS 16 go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management) and select the Mobile Device Management profile
- Review the profile information and select Install
- Enter your authentication method when prompted, for example Passcode
- Review the Apple "Root Certificate" and "Mobile Device Management" warning message and select Install
- After reading the N-sight RMM message, select Trust
- Select Done when the profile installs to exit out of the Mobile Device Management dialog
After the MDM is successfully installed, the device information is sent to N-sight RMM, and you can deploy your own custom configuration profiles.
Apple iOS only supports one mobile device management (MDM) solution at a time. If a third-party MDM product is already installed on a device, an error message is displayed and our MDM profile does not install.
To remove the competing MDM product profile, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management (for iOS 16 go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management) to select the profile and remove it.
Please note, we are not responsible for the content of external sites or products.
What do you want to do?