Advanced Copy and Paste Support for Locked Machines
To ensure you can gain access to locked customer machines, you may store their login credentials in a password management solution then use these when you connect.
As you generally cannot use the standard paste action to populate the password field. Take Control (N-able) from version 6.80.16, includes an Insert Copied PasswordInteraction option to paste the password on a locked Microsoft or Apple device.
- Start the Take Control session
- If the lock screen is displayed:
- Copy the password from your password management solution
- Highlight the password field on the remote computer in Take Control
- Go to Interactions > Copy / Paste > Insert Copied Password
- Then Login
For security, please do not leave sensitive information in the clipboard contents.